RE: spatial/browser preference

I don't like how that works.  We don't really want to blur the line
between spatial windows and the file browser - they are different kinds
of windows that act differently.  I don't think that the operation
(wanting to change between one kind of window to another) is really
common enough to warrant the blurred line.

I would guess that:

* Switching the default mode is going to be a once-by-many operation
(not a *majority*, but it won't be rare :))

* Switching from spatial to browser will be a common-by-few operation -
this use case could probably be handled by "Browse Folder"

* Switching from browser to spatial will