Re: Opening a parent window in spacial mode

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 08:21, Chris Egan wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 06:57, Dennis Cranston wrote:
>
> > How about alt+shift+up?  This key combination opens the parent folder while closing its child.
>
> Hmm, maybe I'm missing somthing but that doesn't seems to work for me?
> (Alt+Up does, but that doesn't close the child window). I'm currently
> runnning nautilus 2.5.8.

Shift-Alt-Up does that, though it sounds like you want to use the
parent-folders button (bottom left of the window) instead.

> > Also, you can press backspace to simply open the parent folder.
>
> Yes, discovered that just a moment ago, thats a very nice alternative
> the the alt+up key combination :-). Somthing like this that closes the
> child window too would be ideal for me.

I guess Shift-Backspace should do that, and you might want to file a bug
or post a patch if it does not.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com