Re: no preview thumbnails for various file types in 2.5.x

Jens Ansorg wrote:
At some point in the 2.5.x series (using 2.5.90 now) Nautilus lost the
ability to show thumbnails with actual file content for various file
types, i.e. SVG files, XCF Gimp files.

See this screenshot: http://www.ja-web.de/tmp/missing-thumbnail.jpg

Turned out that the lib for SVG files was not included in the file /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders

The gentoo ebuild for librsvg should execute gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders after an
install but that probably failed for some reason
After I issued the command manually Nautilus startet to render
thumbnails for SVG files again :)

Thanks for looking further into this issue. I am kind of eased that its 'just' a distributor problem. ;)

Probably related issue (not on this screenshot): I have a ftp-mount to my web server - works great btw :) I have set up nautilus to show thumbnails for all files.
I open a folder on the ftp server that has several small image files
(png, jpg) Some of them get shown as thumbnail but most do not.

turns out that all PNGs that do not give a thumbnail also cannot be
opened in eog. seems like webalizer at my isp generates broken images.

Are there any programs which can display this image? If not it's probably a broken PNG file. But in the other case its worth to file a bug report for gdk-pixbuf and attaching the file.

Regards,

   Jens