Remove search bar code cruft?

When grepping through Nautilus code, I've found out that it's using a
switchable navigation bar that has two modes:
NAUTILUS_SWITCHABLE_NAVIGATION_BAR_MODE_SEARCH and
NAUTILUS_SWITCHABLE_NAVIGATION_BAR_MODE_LOCATION. The search mode itself
contains two modes, simple and complex search bar. Since we've already
moved to the spatial metaphor for 2.6, the navbar browser mode is just
there for backwards compatibility and the search code is only used if
nautilus_is_search_uri is TRUE (as far as I know we have no search vfs
location at the moment so this is never TRUE), we could simply remove
the whole search capabilities/medusa integration, drastically reducing
compile time. This includes removing the search list view. It would be
enough to bring up an additional gnome-search-tool window that is
triggered through a "Search file or folder..." menu entry. Medusa
integration could be done in gnome-search-tool, since displaying files
that are located in various folders inside a spatial isn't really good,
right?
If you agree with me, I could go hacking the beast out and patching
Nautilus either before 2.6 (I'm not sure whether code freeze allows
this), or after 2.6 branching.

regs,
 Chris