Re: Fw: [Bug 136055] Changed - When paste a folder with another same name folder, files in original folder will be deleted
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: =?utf-8?q?=E4=BB=BB=E5=BB=B6?==?utf-8?q?=E5=BC=BA?= <renyanqiang ccoss com cn>
- Cc: Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Fw: [Bug 136055] Changed - When paste a folder with another same name folder, files in original folder will be deleted
- Date: 04 Mar 2004 11:51:42 +0100
On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 09:06, 任延强 wrote:
> This bug had been reported many times and still in nautilus 2.4.x and
> 2.5.x. Doesn't anyone think it is a critical problem?
Its not obvious that this is a bug, but rather a question of different
behaviours and what you're used to. Both MacOS and Unix has always had
the behaviour that nautilus currently has (try doing the same operation
you did in the shell). Of course, it does give problems for people who
are used to the way windows does this. Unfortunately a misunderstanding
about this behaviour can cause loss of data, so its a bit dangerous.
Maybe we should switch to the window behaviour?
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a scarfaced gay grifter on a mission from God. She's a supernatural
French-Canadian nun with a flame-thrower. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev