Re: FEATURE: Icon Resource in application binaries

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 23:41 +0300, Ionut Cotoi wrote:
> So I guess we should just blame the guys who write applications and
> don't provide desktop entry for GNOME or a simple way to launch the
> app (other than the command line) after the user installed'it.

Right - apps that are command line only obviously don't need a launcher
but any desktop app should provide one.

In fact you'll find they often do. Unfortunately the menus are currently
pretty unstable on Linux in general so it's rather hit and miss whether
that icon will actually appear or not ...