FEATURE: Icon Resource in application binaries

Hy all,

why don't we introduce at some point resources in GNOME/GTK+ Apps? And by that I mean:
1. That we can have an icon representing the application inside the binary
2. When you open a folder in nautilus, if the folder contains a binary it will search in the binary for an icon, and display that instead of the common binary pixmap
3. Have a library that provides all this stuff (like on BeOS) via a simple interface.

That's doable stuff, we can encapsulate allot of things inside a binary, and the people who write apps for Gnome/GTK+ will feel much more comfortable  knowing that their apps will work if distributed in a binary form, across all Linux Distribution.

There is a start here http://www.taniwha.com/~paul/res/ and I think Paul's work can be used.

Cheers,
--
Ionut Cotoi <cotty cotty iren ro>