Re: Nautilus is not listening to draw_background key changes
- From: Narayana Pattipati <narayana pattipati wipro com>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: Nautilus-list <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Nautilus is not listening to draw_background key changes
- Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:28:07 +0530
On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 19:40, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 18:10, Narayana Pattipati wrote:
> > Hi,
> > However, if I disable nautilus from drawing desktop (by setting the key
> > /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop to FALSE), g-s-d is listening to
> > the key changes and back ground is shown/not shown based on the value.
> > Of course, I need to logout and login back (to restart g-s-d) every time
> > to see the change.
> > Should not nautilus listen to the key ? Is it a bug with nautilus ?
> What do you expect nautilus to do when its not set? Nautilus puts a
> window over the root window, so it has to draw something on it.
Ordinary users expect change in the background when the draw_background
key changes. They may not know the technical details (nautilus drawing a
window on root window). Probably this has to be documented somewhere, if
not already done ?
] [Thread Prev