Re: Feature Request

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 21:04 -0700, Patrick Kellaher wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 11:46, Jens Ansorg wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 09:37 -0700, Patrick Kellaher wrote:
> >
> > > I log in with a user account but all my directories (home and nfs
> > > shares) are very well organized and can get well past 8 levels deep.  I
> > > can see the advantages with only having at most 2 or 3 directories deep
> > > of a file structure, but that is unrealistic if you have lots of files
> > > (at least for me that is true... with over 130,000 files in my home
> > > directory alone, not including . files).
> >
> > Some people just can't get rid of old stuff ;)
> > Go through those 130.000 files and delete every one that you did not
> > touch in the last year
>
> well about 83,000 of are in my download directory, which I do need to
> clean out.

see, I told you :)

> There are a lot of untar'd tarballs in there, yes I compile
> most of my software.

guess no need to browse those folders. you just use terminal to compile
and install

> I've got about 17,000 pictures in there (not
> porn)... that brings the total to about 100,000... 30,000 in misc files
> (not too bad).

image collections are really an issue in nautilus: neither spatial nor
browser work well: an catalog software would probably be best, something
like rhythmbox but for images: to show thumbnails and image information.
GThumb perhaps? (have to check out f-spot)

Jens