Re: [RFC/PATCH] Nonotify - A simplistic way to determine directory content changes

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 13:21, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> Only one question remains.  Does nonotify require open fds?  I mean,
> will it block cdrom ejection? =)

Yes it will. So this doesn't solve the most annoying problem, frankly on
a reasonably modern computer I don't even notice the speed hit of
dnotify. Also FAM Could queue up events before it delivers them to
nautilus so nautilus only rescans the dir every second. I am busy with
another project, but I think I have solved all of the problems with my
inotify approach, and I will be working on that hopefully next week.

John