Re: Connect to Server dialog

W liście z wto, 13-07-2004, godz. 19:21, Jerry Haltom pisze:
> May be slightly off topic, maybe not.
>
> I've always thought this dialog should be renamed. "Connect to Server" is
> not totally clear of the exact reason for connecting to a server. In fact,
> I might think that selecting HTTP from this dialog means to open it in my
> web browser. I think "Open Remote File", or "Browse Remote Files", or
> something along those lines. Something that clearly separates exactly what
> it is this dialog will be doing.

Also, it is very non-obvious that it will create icon on desktop.
Personally, it took me quite a while (like, umm, upgrade to 2.6) before
I accidentally discovered, during desktop tidying, icon for connection
made long time ago (since it somehow landed 90% off-screen). "Connect to
Server", let alone "Browse Remote Files", doesn't suggest even slightly
that some icon will be made. Plus, why put it on _desktop_, and not in
Network? Seems like Network doesn't serve any real purpose, at least for
me all that ever shows there is (empty) Windows Network.

Cheers,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"