Nautilus plugin

Hello all,

Is there a way to create a plugin for nautilus that makes it behave like midnight commander ?
I mean, two panels, a command line and maybe a terminal in the background. Is there a way connect
these applications in order to achieve this? And oh, please don't tell me nobody will use it, the
entire Siemens corporation uses Windows Commander (including hot babes :) instead of brain dead
windows explorer. Nautilus is cool, looks cool, but I just can't use it in day to day work!

Please give me some directions.
I know, there is gnome-commander out there, but it will be a waste of time to implement what I want
in it.

Thanks