Re: Feedback: Six Nautilus annoyances

El mar, 10-02-2004 a las 17:22, Jürg Billeter escribió:
> On Die, 2004-02-10 at 16:12, David Christian Berg wrote:
> > > AFAICT nautilus arranges items correctly: it uses the current locale's
> > > method to sort the items. You probably haven't set the LC_ALL or LANG
> > > environment variables, so they default to "C" (or "POSIX" ?) and without
> > > a specified locale all posix tools sort case-sensitive. Try to set
> > > LC_ALL to "en_US", "en_US.UTF8" or whatever you like and start nautilus
> > > within this environment. For me this works with nautilus 2.4.1 and the
> > > locale "de_CH.UTF8".
> >
> > Since I've been annoyed by the exact same thing as Eugenia has... could
> > you please tell me, how to change the locale?
> > That'd be great.
>
> I assume most distros have the ability to change the locale in their
> configuration tools; else you can try to manually add "export
> LC_ALL=your_locale" to your ~/.profile file - assuming your profile file
> will be read by your installed display manager.

Please, never use inside configuration files.

LANG="your_locale" is the right way to do it.

Cheers.

P.S.: With Debian you can choose it with dpkg-reconfigure locales
With RedHat I think you have a language-chooser or redhat-language
chooser or something like that, or just look at /etc/sysconfig/i18n

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)