Re: Feedback: Six Nautilus annoyances

On Die, 2004-02-10 at 11:42, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> 8. Please allow to arrange items case-insensitive. I see no reason why
> Kool.txt should be before alpha.doc. Yes, unix systems are case sensitive,
> but this only means that kool.txt is different from Kool.txt not that
> Kool.txt should show before all "k" file names or even worse, before all a*
> and b* words etc. It doesn't make any sense to me. Why the privilige? :P

AFAICT nautilus arranges items correctly: it uses the current locale's
method to sort the items. You probably haven't set the LC_ALL or LANG
environment variables, so they default to "C" (or "POSIX" ?) and without
a specified locale all posix tools sort case-sensitive. Try to set
LC_ALL to "en_US", "en_US.UTF8" or whatever you like and start nautilus
within this environment. For me this works with nautilus 2.4.1 and the
locale "de_CH.UTF8".

J�