Re: Regarding bug #127553 (the bounty)

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 14:55, David Bolcsfoldi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some question concerning what is required for this to be
> considered solved and some questions on how to actually do it.
>
> I have done the part that allows you to drag a link (http:) from Mozilla
> onto Nautilus and asks if you want to copy the link content or make a
> link. Since this is my first attempt at "hacking" Nautilus I am a bit
> out in the dark as to how things are preferably done so I was wondering
> if the following is a ok solution,
>
> - The request is made using the nautilus_drag_drop_action_ask function.

No. That ask is for ask-drag. I.e. alt-drag or middle-button-drag in
nautilus. Supporting ask-drag from mozilla would be nice too, then you
could use alt-drag if you know about that.

This is how i would like it to ideally work:

DnD from a nautilus webdav http: folder should act like any other remote
folder DnD in nautilus.

Alt-Drag from mozilla should use GDK_ACTION_ASK, get a '?' pointer and
dropping should bring up the ask menu with a copy/link choice.

Ctrl-Drag from mozilla should use GDK_ACTION_COPY, get a '+' pointer and
dropping should copy the file.

Ctrl-Shift-Drag from mozilla should use GDK_ACTION_LINK, get a link
pointer and dropping should create a desktop file called "Link to
$basename(uri)" (with handling of duplicate names like the rest of
nautilus). The icon specified in the desktop file should be
"gnome-fs-bookmark.png".

normal drops from mozilla should bring up a small dialog asking if you
want to download the file or create a link to it.

And all this should work in both the icon and list views.

> - If the user selects copy it uses fm_directory_view_move_copy_items to
> do the actual copying.
>
> - If the user selects link it uses nautilus_link_local_create to create
> the link.

Yeah.

> Now the bounty description says it should use the hyperlink and shortcut
> icons for the link but I have been unable to figure out what those are.
> Do they refer to a specific file in a Nautilus icon theme or are they
> GTK stock icons or are they something different entirely?

I'm not sure if they are referencing some specific file or just the
typical icon used for hyperlinks/shortcuts. Anyway, the
gnome-fs-bookmark icon looks fine.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a scrappy playboy sorceror with acid for blood. She's a supernatural
mutant stripper with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!