Re: Ogg Media filetype missing

Am Dienstag, den 07.12.2004, 14:09 +0100 schrieb Kotrla Vitezslav:
> Maybe this is not the most appropriate mailing list (then please
> tell me which one is), but I'm still sorely missing support for
> .ogm (Ogg Media) files. Even Nautilus 2.8.2 (Debian/unstable)
> still considers ale my OGM videos as Ogg sound.

Thanks for bringing up this issue. Supporting free media formats is very
important.

> In good old 2.6.x times I was used to hack custom .xml for missing
> filetypes in /usr/share/mime/packages, but I guess time is ripe
> for more systematic approach.

Yes, this is true! Stop lokal hackery, upstream approaches are social
towards all users.

> I'd like to see .ogm (Ogg Media) (and DV files BTW) natively recognized
> in Nautilus, who and how can I ask for this?

Nautilus is fed with MIME info by the shared-mime-info [1] package. You
should report your bug under [2]. Please CC me, maybe I can fix the
issue.

regs,
 Chris

[1] http://freedesktop.org/Software/shared-mime-info