Re: PATCH for Search in folders (was Re: [Usability] Some usability feedback)

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 14:18, Alan Horkan wrote:

> I see now that Nautilus is using Ctrl+F to popup a box for typeahead find
> but I think this is unnecessary and still believe that Ctrl+F would be
> better used by the more powerful general search tool.

+1 -- it's also the shortcut that will be familiar to Windows converts.  Also agree that "Find Files" would probably be a better name in that case, but we'd probably want to consider changing the Actions menu entry to match if we did that.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group