Re: Nautilus Sendto -- opportunities for generalisation

Gah, wrong Reply button. Re-sending with correct Cc: this time.

Dnia 23-08-2004, pon o godzinie 18:28 +0100, Edd Dumbill napisał(a):
> On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 08:49 +0200, Roberto Majadas wrote:
> >       * Nautilus context menu component ("Send To...") .
> >       * A dialog for insert the email acount or IM account which you
> >         want to send the file/files .
> >               * Contact with evolution-data-server and get the email
> >                 accounts .
> >               * Contact with gaim (nautilus gaim plugin) and get the IM
> >                 acccounts
> >               * You can send files packaged in varios formats
> >

> Some thoughts on this:
>
> (1) can we have a widget for contact completion like this?  Ross
> Burton's contact lookup applet does more or less the same thing you do.
> Furthermore in gnome-phone-manager I want to do a similar thing to be
> able to get mobile phone numbers to send messages to.  It would rock if
> there was a contact chooser widget that allowed either single or
> multiple selections of contacts to be made, and allowed specification of
> which fields we are interested in (email addr, cellphone number, AIM
> handle.)

Assuming I'm not on crack, I seem to remember Chris Hammond doing that
and more in his galago-widgets. I very much support Galago's idea of
unified contact / presence framework, so let's not create another ad-hoc
glue widget, and instead move to proper solution Galago is :)

Cheers,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"