Re: Feature: Send To Places

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 14:13, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> I always liked the convenience of "Sent To" context menu in windows
> explorer (when I used windows) but until recently it didn't fit in
> nautilus. However with the appearance of FileChooser's "bookmarks" and
> the desire to integrate that with spatial Places and make it
> customizable, do you think we could see Send To return?
>
> What do you think? I'd especially like to hear from Alexander about what
> his thoughts are integrating these things.

Wasn't there an evo bounty for something like this?

It strikes me as a pretty useful thing, if you want to send a file to
someone, using email/IM/whatever. However, as always, the context menu
is pretty long already, which means that adding stuff to it needs to be
considered very carefully.

Anyway, we're frozen for now, but this is interesting to think about for
2.10.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an obese albino assassin with a mysterious suitcase handcuffed to his
arm. She's a violent nymphomaniac mermaid from a secret island of warrior
women. They fight crime!