mixing spatial

Hi

is there any way to have the spatial type window come up for selected
directories/locations. what i'm trying to achieve is opening the
computer location within a spatial type window (ie. menu bar, no tool
bar etc...) but the overall nautilus setting is not spatial so i can
keep the default nautilus setting to my tree pane/tool bar etc.

i'm hoping i can pass some sort of parameters to nautilus when the
computer icon is selected from the desktop to override my global
settings for that window.

any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Takis