Re: setting metadata (emblems) from console ?

I'm trying to set emblems on directories from outside nautilus,too.
But it seems impossible.
NautilusFile is private.
Anyone can help?

Danny Milosavljevic wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to set emblems on directories from outside nautilus.

It seems to be possible using the "nauilus metadata server", but that
doesnt seem be be externally accessible.

Perhaps something along these lines would be possible:
ORB_init()
load_file("nautilus-metadata-server.idl")
metafactory = orb.string_to_object(uhmmmm? <-- thats my current
problem... where to get the ior)

metadata = metafactory._narrow(MetaDataFactory.open)(???)
l = metadata.get_list("file?", "keyword", "name")

or is there an easier way ?
(Ideally there would be a console app that can get/set/list metadata)

cheers,
  Danny