Default view in Nautilus is not what I want

Hi,

1 Please answer to me since I'm not a nautilus-list member.
2 I'm using Nautilus 2.7.4 but that something I see for a few weeks now and I don't really know when it all started.

Here is my story :

Nautilus is configured to open folders with list view by default. But it always open with catalog view. Of course, every time it happens, I change the view and nautilus remembers, so it's not too bad but still I find it desagreable.

Moreover, for some folders, the catalog view crashes and I can't do anything about it....

If you need details, I am ready to contribute. I looked at GConf, I tried with a new user with no nautilus extra config and it's the same, I tried google and nautilus-list archives with no success so far.

I am not desperate but I get close to it...

If you have an idea, I would like to hear from you.

François Jan