Re: "Open With" -> "An Application"

Alan wrote:

"Open With" button & some other must be choosen in a list proposed by
"An Application". How could i make my application directly clickable
from "Open With" for all users ? I didn't found any info about this.

Yes, I think that offering a list of apps (such as what is in the run
dialog) before putting the user in the 'associate application' dialog
would go a long way to making that side of it more user friendly.  I

Yesterday I stumbled on this in the 'Open with' tab in the file properties page of Nautilus 2.7. If your favorite program is not in the list, you have to go searching on your own in /usr/bin. Showing the application list from the Run dialog is the least I'd expect.

I found this message while checking if someone else had reported this before. If there's a bug open on it, I can't find it.

Please cc: me in your reply to the list, thanks.

--
Reinout van Schouwen