Re: Templates directory looks pretty bare

<quote who="Ryan McDougall">

> I managed to find the original thread with a little bit of googling, but I
> wish when people refer you to a thread, they might give you a hint on how
> to find it (approx date, name, etc).

Sometimes, people don't remember.

> Since GNOME includes apps for editing certain files, IMO we should ship
> those templates. We are responsible for a good user experience as much as
> the distros.

Part of ensuring that good user experience is maintaining restraint. If we
encourage putting stuff in the Templates folder, everyone will start doing
it, just like Windows. Horrible, horrible. Let's leave it to users.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

       "I think of the last year or two as being the biggest private
         investment in public works in decades." - Andrew Tridgell