Re: Remote CD/DVD writing with n-c-b

Good idea.

Alternative approach:

you install OpenSSH on the cdwriter computer, and then place an icon on the
client computer which runs "ssh cdburner.lab.company nautilus cdburner://".

Thatīd open the Nautilus CD burner dialog on the clientīs desktop, but would
actually be running on the cdburner computer.

The only problem is how to copy files to the CD burner computer.  Your users,
AFAIK, cannot drag files to the cdburner window from locally running nautilus
windows.  I experienced this while trying to use Konqueror in this way, as
well.  I had to run a "ssh remote-computer konqueror fish://local-computer" to
open another window with a local view of the file system.

Kinda complex, and hard to understand.

Quoting nautilus-dev ahtech net: