file types problems

I tried to install gnome 2.6. Everything installed well except nautilus... it
don't give me any error... It open the windows and everyting go wells... But
it don't show me thumbnails of jpegs or other type of images... it don't have
any predefined actions... It use only try icons... folders, txt file and
unknowed...
If I make left click and try to make an action it just do nothing... On
console eel shows that is trying to execute thems.
I installed on slackware... but something still wrong I don't know what I
missed....
Este email foi enviado através do site http://webmail.ispgaya.pt/
Instituto Superior Politécnico Gaya