Re: nautilus thumbnail .wmf

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 11:11, Brent Elmer wrote:
> Is nautilus supposed to thumbnail .wmf files?  Mine isn't.  I have a
> clipart CD with the images in the .wmf format.  Also, how do I configure
> an application to view the .wmf file when I click on it in nautilus.  I
> know how to configure using a single application but the only way I can
> figure out to open the .wmf files is to pipe wmf2svg to inkscape or
> sodipodi.
>
> The command
>
> $ wmf2svg /cdrom/'Clip Art'/Holidays/Calendar/'01 January 10.wmf' -o
> /tmp/wmf.svg | inkscape -f /tmp/wmf.svg
>
> works from the command line but I can't get it set up to work in
> nautilus when the file is clicked.
>
> I am running Debian sarge with Gnome 2.4 and nautilus 2.4.2.  Other
> image types are thumbnailed.

I can help with the thumbnailing. Download the tarball:
  http://www.dsl.uow.edu.au/~harvey/code/thumbnailer.tar.gz

It's a small collection of scripts to thumbnail PostScript, PDF and Dia
files. I just updated the install script so that you can install a
thumbnailer for WMF Files. The thumbnailer uses ImageMagick so make sure
you apt-get imagemagick first.

After restarting Nautilus you should get thumbnails for your WMF files.
Email me if you have any problems.

--
Peter Harvey.
Mostly Quiet.