Re: Volume handling proposal

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 09:36, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> Tuomas Kuosmanen writes:
>
> > On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 03:07, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> >
> > Evolution directory is going to become ~/.evolution so it will be
> > hidden.
>
> Yeah but you still have the problem of various legacy folders like the old
> evo folder if people are using older versions. The whole reason for not
> using Home as the desktop was to avoid exposing users to various
> implementation detail folders that certain impolite applications dump into
> home. (I believe acrobat is guilty of this too). IT just seems overall
> better to me to avoid the potential problems. Home is a fairly unixy concept
> anyway.

Yea, the idea is to not start that argument again :) I am happy with it
myself, and Dave's "desktop-as-home" sounds like a good way to avoid
those issues, and to still makes stuff work pretty well.

> That said. I think a user visible mail folder on the desktop that had an evo
> style mail view and allowed you to interact with your mail like any other
> file (ie allowed you to delete mail items by dragging them to the nautilus
> trash can etc.) would be very cool.

Yea, but at least I have my evolution running all the time, and it tends
to be the best tool to handle mail :)

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>