Re: Volume handling proposal

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 15:56, Paolo Borelli wrote:

> I admit I don't use ~=Desktop so I may be biased, but I don't like this.
> Even if it is more elegant in theory, I think it has drawbacks in
> practice: the principal of which is that the desktop doesn't have
> scrolling bars, so what happens when you have more files than those
> which fit on the desktop?

Like someone mentioned already, use folders. If you have that many files
on one directory anyway, Nautilus will be uncomfortably slow anyway (it
gets slower if you have TONS of files) - you are better off organizing
your stuff in subfolders by category anyway.

Plus apps should remember the last saved location, then it's a matter of
just telling them once to save to your homedir instead.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>