Re: Volume handling proposal

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 14:08, Ross Burton wrote:

> If Nautilus shows me icons on the desktop for NFS mounts, I'd have 7 NFS
> icons on my desktop at work...  We have a set of machines serving
> filestores over NFS, and all of them integrated into / (mounting at
> various points in /home mainly) so I do not want them on the desktop.

Is that bad? I mean, if you have stuff there, you probably want to
access them too. On Macs you have all your mounts on the desktop  and it
works very well, since those are a good way to access them.

If you only use the terminal and dont want this, remember the .hidden
stuff which you can probably use to hide them.

But this is about people who dont use a shell to access those things so
having them visible on the desktop is IMHO a good idea.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>