Re: Volume handling proposal

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 16:55, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Also, what about network mounts that are mounted at system boot time? In
> some cases, those are shared storages, so it makes a lot of sense to
> have an icon/toolbar/whatever to easily access them. But, in other
> cases, like NFS-mounted homes, it doesnt make too much sense to do so, I
> guess. So, I think there should be an easy way to know which kind of
> network mounts each one is.

If Nautilus shows me icons on the desktop for NFS mounts, I'd have 7 NFS
icons on my desktop at work...  We have a set of machines serving
filestores over NFS, and all of them integrated into / (mounting at
various points in /home mainly) so I do not want them on the desktop.

I agree with Alex, this has to be done manually.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./