Re: Volume handling proposal

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 19:19, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 17:39, Julien Olivier wrote:
> > The problem is that, as you can't automatically newly inserted floppies,
> > you have to display un-mounted floppies. Consequently, for consistency
> > reasons, you should also display unmounted CD/DVD drives. Or find a way
> > to auto-detect floppies...
> Yeah, I guess I'm too used to the Solaris volume management daemon doing
> exactly that :)

Gnome as a system cannot even rely on this for CD/DVD. We have to run on
crap old unixes where there is not CD autodetection too. And its not
acceptable if you're totally unable to reach your CD on those systems.

He's an all-American Catholic inventor plagued by the memory of his family's
brutal murder. She's a man-hating cigar-chomping traffic cop from aristocratic
European stock. They fight crime!