Re: Volume handling proposal
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- Cc: Julien Olivier <julo altern org>, Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Volume handling proposal
- Date: 17 Sep 2003 21:48:09 +0200
On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 19:19, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 17:39, Julien Olivier wrote:
> > The problem is that, as you can't automatically newly inserted floppies,
> > you have to display un-mounted floppies. Consequently, for consistency
> > reasons, you should also display unmounted CD/DVD drives. Or find a way
> > to auto-detect floppies...
> Yeah, I guess I'm too used to the Solaris volume management daemon doing
> exactly that :)
Gnome as a system cannot even rely on this for CD/DVD. We have to run on
crap old unixes where there is not CD autodetection too. And its not
acceptable if you're totally unable to reach your CD on those systems.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's an all-American Catholic inventor plagued by the memory of his family's
brutal murder. She's a man-hating cigar-chomping traffic cop from aristocratic
European stock. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev