Re: Nautilus and Background control

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 12:20:00PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Beny Spensieri Jr">
>
> > Ok, now you've lost me.  How is it that gnome-terminal can have a
> > transparent background, yet the Nautilus desktop which apparently is
> > simply a big window can't?
>
> gnome-terminal is faking it - you'll see that it's just showing the
> background, not anything beneath it.

Speaking of this, is there any chance of this changing and getting
"true" transparancy/translucency?  I've used os/x a bit and while seeing
a terminal under a terminal isn't all that helpful to me, seeing other
windows under your current terminal is quite helpful.  I'm guessing that
this is a restriction put on by X itself though, but figured I'd ask.

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain