Re: FTP performance (was Re: Performance)
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Manuel Clos <llanero eresmas net>
- Cc: Bertrand <anneetbertrand wanadoo fr>, Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: FTP performance (was Re: Performance)
- Date: 13 Nov 2003 17:21:29 +0100
On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 02:27, Manuel Clos wrote:
> Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > We don't do mimetype sniffing on ftp, or remote directories in general.
> > I know that the ftp support sucks, but i don't think thats due to
> > general nautilus issues really, just that nobody is working on the ftp
> > gnome-vfs backend.
> Take a look at this bug please:
All right, this should be mostly fixed in HEAD. You might still be able
to get it if you open the directory with open on the context menu really
quickly, but thats not too bad.
If you find nautilus doing some other stupid i/o, please tell me.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a gun-slinging vegetarian barbarian with a mysterious suitcase handcuffed
to his arm. She's a man-hating hip-hop journalist from a family of eight older
brothers. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev