Re: $HOME as desktop

My thinking on the issue is....

1) From a clean slate, Desktop and Home should probably be the same
thing.

2) As part of a coherent goal for GNOME's deep interaction structures it
might be worth making $HOME be the desktop some day.

but

3) I think the usability cost of the $HOME transition *in isolation*
exceeds the benefits. Basically, I don't think its worth doing for its
own sake at this point.

-Seth