Re: Possible solution to the spring loaded folders headache

If this idea have already been mentioned I sorry for not seeing that post.

I don't see how this avoids any part of the patent[1].
Which claim do you think you avoid? Even though the window looks different it still "includes identifiers within the window corresponding to objects enclosed by the opened enclosure".

[1] http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect2=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2Fsearch->bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&RefSrch=yes&Query=PN%2F6307545

These solution is quite exactly the BeOS one : the folder subhierarchy is displayed in the right click menu (and the Copy to, link to , move to items have the same logic).
See for instance : http://www.osnews.com/img/632/zsnake.png

And I think BeOS released this solution before the time when Apple included spring loaded folders in MacOS-8. So how could that patent cover this ?

The only difference is : BeOS doesn't pop up the right clic menu when you drag a file on a folder and leave it over it a few seconds. Does Apple patent such an automatic display of all the right click menu ?

Bertrand Dekoninck.