Re: Patches improving tree view (multi-root and auto-follow)
- From: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- To: =?utf-8?b?SsO8cmcgQmlsbGV0ZXI=?= <j bitron ch>
- Cc: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Patches improving tree view (multi-root and auto-follow)
- Date: 11 Jun 2003 16:08:04 -0400
Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> writes:
> > I see. However, I don't know if an idle loop is the best way to do that.
> > The idle handler may run quite a lot before the parent directories have
> > all loaded. This is very close to busy-waiting. Perhaps there is a
> > better way to wait that just wakes up once at the correct time.
> Hm, yes, perhaps we could catch the row_deleted signal of the tree model
> and check if it's the dummy row which got deleted. Does this sound
You'll need to cache the location of all the dummy rows then, as the
TreeView emits the "row_deleted" signal after the row has already been
removed. Without external knowledge, you can't know what was previously
at a deleted node.
] [Thread Prev