Re: Regarding Nautilus scripts

Okay, I think I understand the situation.   What she's looking for is:

a) a methodology to be able to add extensions (using bonobo) to context
   menu.  How and where it's put in the menus is a matter of user testing
   and conforming to HIG.

b) the method in which it's being installed needs to be user friendly.
   That means:

   a) bonobo needs to look in a particular place.  bonobo would either
   have to have a default place to look when it looks at user component
   (like how apache does it) or you could do something hideous like
   sticking it in gconf. ;)

   The server file does some other things right other than tell where
   the component is located?  Looking at the file it looks like it creates
   a description on how the component will be used. (ie mime type etc)

   I'm not sure if thats easily translatable to being able to just drop
   it into some directory.  It looks like the component has to embed that
   information into itself.

Just some thoughts on the subject.

sri