Re: Regarding Nautilus scripts
- From: Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>
- To: Eugenia Loli-Queru <eloli hotmail com>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Regarding Nautilus scripts
- Date: 07 Jun 2003 20:55:04 +0100
> I don't quite understand this. Please fill me up as to what problems are
> exist regarding Scripts. And why shipping 1-2 scripts is actually a hack.
> And if it is a hack, why don't we switch to the addon architecture which
> would support GUI apps (and command line apps)?
eg. I never would have bothered making a mime-type for the terminal if
we had shipped a script to do it. another example is if we implemented a
script to run things as root we might never implement a proper
authentication infrastructure. As for your grep tool - do you not think
it would be better as a stand alone program?
Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>
] [Thread Prev