Re: Nautilus desktop icons and metacity

mån 2003-06-02 klockan 14.17 skrev Darryl Rees:

> OK, atleast that got a reaction. Nobody commented on my main proposal to
> put cdrom/floppy/hotplug device icons in the system tray?

I like your idea, but would suggest something more controversial:

	- Remove the desktop icons (and the virtual root window).
	- Put important stuff in a menu instead.

Because:

        - The desktop it slow and flickery
        - Icons gets covered by windows
        - Would end the $HOME as desktop (or not) discussion
        - Would simplify the new file selector (1 root, not 2)

The menu could contain stuff like: $HOME, /, user-mountable file
systems, removeable media, browsable devices (like cameras etc), SMB
network...

	- Jens