writing plugins for nautilus

hello!

first of all, i havent developed anything for nautilus or gnome before, so
bare with me. ive come up with a great idea which is based on building a
plugin for nautilus.

this, i imagine, would work something like this:

1. i enter 'something:' in the address field, and automatically, im
transfered to a certain directory on disk.

2. in this directory, i will view folders as something else then folders.
this means that i have to manipulate the way this is presented in
nautilus. it would also be possible to right-click on the presented
objects för further actions.

now, this doesnt sound to advanced, and i guess that it would be a good
first gnome programming task ;) the only problem is that im having a hard
time finding some good documentation that would explain how something like
this could be build. so if anybody has an idea over where i can find
documentation regarding this, it would be most appriciated, or if someone
had something else to comment about my little project, it would also be
welcomed :)

.b