Nautilus crashing outside my home directory

Hi fellows,

I'm using Nautilus 1.0.6 with Gnome 1.4. The application works fine when I'm browsing folders in my home directory. However, every time I try to access a folder outside my home tree (for example /usr) Nautilus crashes. Starting it from a terminal, I got the follwing message after the crash:

nautilus: error while loading shared libraries: nautilus: undefined symbol: eel_string_list_prepend

Can somebody help me on solving this problem? Is this a known bug in this version?

Thanks for your help,

Andre