Re: Proposal for bug 73937 / symlinks in nautilus

On 7 Feb 2003, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> so I see the symlink-fix has been reverted.
> It is funny that now the use of symlinks in nautilus is really
> inconsistent.
> If you browse a symlinked dir by icon view the location gets expanded to
> the real location.
> If you browse it by location bar the symlinked dir gets not expanded.
>
> It seemed to me most of the people who followed the discussion want
> nautilus not to expand the symlinks.......we had that already.

The reasoning was basically: There are good arguments on both sides, this
needs further discussion. Lets not change it this late in the game if
we're not sure what the final decision will be.

> (I think I will start using konqueror now (again)... :)

Go for it!

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fast talking white trash Green Beret who knows the secret of the alien
invasion. She's a scantily clad tomboy bodyguard in the wrong place at the
wrong time. They fight crime!