Re: smb: 'save password in keyring'

> In 2.5, the "Authentication Required" dialog has checkboxes for
> 1. "Remember password for this session"
> 2. "Remember password in keyring"
>
> This confuses me. I'm not sure exactly what the keyring is, but maybe it
> should say
> "Remember password permanently in keyring".
>
> And I guess that 2. implies 1., so we should disable (and set) 1. when
> 2. is set. Maybe a 3-way radio group (with "Don't remember password"
> would be clearer, or maybe someone has a better idea.
>
> I guess that we are mentioning the "keyring" because there will be some
> other GUI that allows keyring management. Hopefully that won't confuse
> me too.

Unless we're trying to brand something, I don't think keyring is the best
term to use... something like password manager or authentication manager
would be more descriptive and more accurately interpretted I think.

Theres also some abiguity in the fact that as I understand it, keyring is
actually remembering the password in both cases.

My sugesstion would be to have 3 radio buttons as you said that are
something like this:

1. "Remember this password only for this session"
2. "Remember this password for future sessions"
3. "Do not remember this password"

I don't like 2 very much though, its hard to word something in a way thats
concise and still without abiguity.  future sessions could imply not this
session to some... especially in the context, but checkboxes for these
would definately be confusing.

There should definately be a button or link in this dialog to go to the
password management app...