sharing metadata, calling MDI apps (noob)

Hi,
I'd like other users to be able to see the metadata I've created for a certain directory tree. I'm using Nautilus 2.2.4. Is there any way to transplant the metadata without performing deep surgery on everyone's ~/.nautilus/metafiles directory?

Another question: is it possible to save a view as html?

Yet another question: when I select bunches of image files, and send them to gimp, it seems to do the SDI thing, and call "gimp 1.png 2.png 3.png", but for MDI apps like xmms, gnu emacs, gimp, etcetera, one really wants "gimp 1.png 2.png 3.png". Actually it can get really complex, because in a best case world it would check for a resident gimp process, and then call gimp-remote on it. Similar logic applies to emacs versus emacs-client, xmms versus xmms -e, and so on...

And a final question: is there a nautilus FAQ? If so, seems there should be a link to it from www.gnome.org/projects/nautilus

-David