Re: Spatial Nautilus:Questions

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 20:59, Ramanan V wrote:
> 2)The browse filesystem link in the applications menu
> invokes "nautilus --no-desktop --browse". Is the
> --no-desktop bit essential ? Maybe its just me, but
> nautilus seems to load faster in the browser mode if
> the '--no-desktop' bit is removed

Don't know why it would load faster without --no-desktop. Not a Nautilus
coder myself. But, the following is a copy of something I wrote back in
May, explaining my reasons for wanting "nautilus --no-desktop" to be
used:

<quote>
Quick question - shouldn't that be "nautilus --no-desktop <uri>". If
nautilus hasn't been started yet (ie. hasn't been started by Gnome),
shouldn't it avoid suddenly covering the desktop with a window? I use
nautilus with a simple rootless Cygwin XFree86 environment. My X session
consists of "metacity &" and "gnome-panel" and find that it's annoying
that anytime I try to run nautilus it suddenly covers the "root" with a
massive window.
</quote>

--
Peter Harvey.