Re: cancel open dialoge confusion

> > Window Title: Cancel Open?
> > Text:         Opening "Filesystem"
> > Button:       Cancel
> >
> > What you're canceling isn't obvious, as what you cancel is in the title,
> > not the dialoge itself.  When I first saw it I wondered if it was
> > canceling the opening of "Filesystem" itself and I had the choice to
> > cancel the cancel.  Or something.  Maybe swapping the window title and
> > text would make things a bit more clear, or set the dialoge text as "Cancel
> > Opening Filesystem?" or similar.
>
> I have seen this dialog myself too. It only happened when trying to open
> a ftp:// bookmark, when te network was slow. IMO, this dialog should be
> removed. But maybe I just fail to understand what it is useful for.

The odd thing is that while I think I may have had an ftp:// url in a
different window, this one seemed to be attached to clicking on
"filesystem" within the "computer" icon, not to do with ftp.  If it was
a remnant from my other ftp window, it definately didn't give any
indication of that :)

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain