Re: Column View

> > the spacial view, if i remember correctly, is
> > basically the windows 95 style file viewer where
> > opening each folder generates a new window that
> > overlaps the previous.. correct?   this is a very poor
> I don't remember exactly how Win95' default explorer behaviour has been.
> It has sure similarities but I suppose that there were some important
> things missing.
>
> > system of browsing files overall because opening each
> > window subsequently hides the root folder behind it.
> As Nautilus saves (or will save?) each folder's position and you
> normally won't position the parent window behind the folder window, this
> is not really an issue (but could well have been back in Win95).

.From what I've seen there will be two "modes" in the new nautilus.  The
spatial mode where each folder opens up in a new window, and each item
clicked is it's "own object" so that a .txt file opens up in gedit, .doc
in OOo, a folder as a new window, etc; and the traditional nautilus
where you have the sidebar, tree view, browsing buttons, etc.  Wouldn't
the 3 column view (or an alternate view of some sort) fit into there
nicely without impeeding the spatial philosophy?

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain