mounting and unmouting CD-ROM automatically

Everytime I dedice to seek inside the contents of CD-ROM I have to unmout the disc into the tray eject and mount another one. I use Gnome 1.4 but I know that KDE mount the CD-ROM just with only one click on the desktop icon. 1.How could I mounting my CD-ROMs just with a double-click or one click over my desktop icon? 2.I wonder if I can exchange my discs without unmounting (manually) one and mounting the new manually too. In windows when you eject the system knows that you don't have no CD-ROMs inside the tray. 3.At least, could I put an icon over my desktop that should mounting (if nothing is unmounted) and unmounting (if something is mounted) with a double click?
I just want to automate these processes.
Thanks for any help!
a.