Re: FR: random wallpaper changer

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 17:01, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 10:49, tc2c1x2p02 sneakemail com wrote:
>
> > It's so much easier and faster to just use the rubber band box. If the
> > fact that you can already use ctrl and shift to select multiple files is
> > an argument against implementing this, why does the icon view allow using
> > the box? You can also use ctrl and shift there..
>
> I don't believe it's an argument against, there are at least a couple of
> reasonably high priority usability and accessibility bugs logged about
> such inconsistencies between the icon and list views.

It wasn't an argument against implementing this. Just was pointing out
that multiple files are easy to select in list view even without the
box.

And the way list view works, it might be impossible to implement without
major rewrite of listview (which wouldn't be bad in any case). As
currently, when you click anywhere on a row, the row is selected. So it
has to be changed to allow the box dragging to start. But personally am
used to shift and ctrl and am happy with them. Still wouldn't mind the
box someday.

 Petri

--
"Getting an education was a lot like having a sexual disease. It made
you unsuitable to a lot of jobs and you had the urge to pass it on."